Do you have a genuine passion for strengthening the human-animal bond by helping owners to care for their pets by providing the absolute best veterinary care and education? Shiloh Veterinary Hospital (Voted the Best Veterinary Hospital in York for 7 years) has immediate full and part-time openings for a Veterinary Client Care Specialist (Receptionist). The qualified applicant will be trained as a phone room receptionist, and a front desk receptionist.
About the position: Full or Part-Time. $12.00 hour starting based upon previous experience. After a several weeks of training, you would be given a fixed (set) schedule consisting of afternoons (12-6 pm), at least two evenings (4-8 pm), mornings (7-12 pm), and every other Saturday (7 am to 12 pm). You would be required to work primarily at 110 Morgan Lane, York PA 17406 but may be required to work at 2401 Emig Mill Road, Dover PA 17315.
Veterinary and or Receptionist Experience is preferred but not absolutely necessary. If you are really interested in the job but you don't have receptionist or veterinary experience, or your work history is spotty; write a cover letter explaining how your experience and skills will best be utilized in our practice.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Answering phones and greeting clients in a kind and professional manner.
- Typing concise notes while you are listening to clients (dictation).
- Managing stressful situations including patiently and kindly working with clients who are euthanizing their pets.
- Handling multiple computer programs simultaneously for communication, data storage, and retrieval.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Explaining payment options and processing payments.
- Educating clients about the value of proper pet care including vaccines, nutrition, preventative exams, and routine diagnostic tests.
- Cleaning up after pets.
- Expressing empathy and concern for pets and humans at all times.
The qualified candidate will...
- Be outgoing and personable.
- Have excellent communication skills (including verbal, auditory, and written).
- Have excellent grammar and typing skills (typos in your resume will disqualify you).
- Speak professionally and have awesome phone skills.
- Be skilled at using a computer and keyboard. Speed and accuracy are a must!
- Be able to stoop, bend, and stretch, and be able to lift 30 pounds unassisted.
- Be proficient at multitasking and prioritizing.
- Have an acute attention to detail.
- Possess good math skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- If a job is offered, are you willing to submit to a background check?
- If a job is offered, are you willing to submit to a drug test?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations