Responsible for the safe, effective operation and servicing of mechanical, motorized and/or electrical equipment in the facilities work environment Including but not limited to forklifts, dollies, hand trucks, etc. Responsible for the safe movement of goods to or from various locations. Responsible for a sound knowledge of logistics and supply chain, materials management and distribution/transportation processes and policies to meet the business requirements.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment during material handling and warehousing as required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving and shipping of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment while moving material.
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment while entering and exiting of trailers.
- Responsible for the safety of all personnel within given safety zones of operating equipment.
- Demonstrate lead and assist in work from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, parts, destinations and timing prior to material movement.
- Demonstrate, lead and assist in the use of machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, and packaging.
- Responsible for the safe operation, and servicing of mechanical, motorized, and/or electrical equipment in the facilities work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents
- Wareknowledhouse experience preferred
- Sit down forklift experience preferred
- Requires frequent walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping.
- Requires lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling of various items of varying weight.
- Requires work from heights of up to 20 feet from floor.
- Requires work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas.
- Working knowledge of computerized applications (word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email).