Job descriptionShift: Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM Duration: Seasonal Start date: 2022-12-14
Amazon Grocery Warehouse Associate
Job OverviewYou’ll be part of the Amazon grocery team that supports one of Amazon’s busiest services: online grocery orders. You’ll be working in a grocery warehouse, but it’s not like our other bigger buildings, it’s more like the size of a grocery store. Customers can choose everything from cereal to ice cream to fresh flowers, so you’ll be preparing orders, working in different environments – including refrigerated and freezer spaces for part of your shift. It can be cold, but we’ll provide you with the right gear to stay warm. Duties & Responsibilities Some of your duties may include:
- Prepare grocery orders for delivery
- Use technology like computers, smartphones, manage apps, and scan bar codes
- Intake new grocery inventory and put away
- Check for order quality
- Rotate tasks throughout the week
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Work in temperatures as low as -10°F and up to 90°F for extended periods
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Handle a variety of products – including meat and alcohol
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be working around moving machines – order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. You’ll work in freezer spaces — as low as -10°F — for up to two hours of your shift with short breaks every 30 minutes or you’ll work in the refrigerated spaces. You’ll be provided with proper safety gear and training.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends, or work as little as four hours per week. Find out more about our shift and schedule options.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay..
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition reimbursement options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology.
- Free training. We’ll teach you how to drive power industrial trucks and how to work with the latest technology.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Holiday pay opportunities
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.How To Get Started
You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa - Flemington Flemington, NJ 08822 $14 - $16 an hour 21 days ago