Job descriptionThe Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants, policyholders, appraisers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claim's management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers. GRS North America Claims is excited to announce our go forward strategy to provide employees with the flexibility to work from home full-time. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and should reside within a reasonable commute of our Tampa, FL or Plano, TX hub offices to attend occasional collaborative activities with your team, as needed . Candidates living in Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia or North Carolina will be fully remote. Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory Responsibilities:
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner, ability to build effective relationships.
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in addition to 1-year claims handling experience. Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology preferred.
- Licensing may be required in some states.